12/12/14

Initial Impression Winter Unwrap: Day 1


So now that it's officially begun.... And while I'm hesitant, I think that this is deserving of a bit of a post, as it is definitely due.
I will keep this rather short given my own personal circumstances (holidays are the bane of us all), but this is definitely deserving.

Pottermore learned. Disregarding recent fiascos with unwarranted banning of various users (including nightquaffle30883) I have to say that Day 1 is a relative success and gives me hope. Rather than do what I was expecting (riddles to tease us with the moments before a massive dump) it has opted to release the chapters day by day. Twelve for twelve. To unlock properly, they need to have a riddle posted on the Insider/event page answered and this is brilliant. I would NOT mind seeing this return for the deathly hallows, especially if they ratcheted up the difficulty a little bit. The only downside to this would be the "picky" nature of the answer. Day 1's answer was Professor Snape, and submitting it as Severus, Severus Snape, Snape and the like would not work. While I understand it may be slightly more difficult to program in more answers, this seems like a bit of an oversight and one that could have easily been predicted and worked around.

As for the moment? Well if we're to assume that this is going to be good, and more generous in information (Half Blood Prince is perhaps the most backstory heavy book in the series after all) then we could see a bit of content in each moment, with two more bits of content being likely to be out by Sunday (the ghost plot of fortescue and information about Draco) it seems foolish to blow all the content within the first three days, and while "foolishness" and "Pottermore planning" seems to go hand in hand, I will attempt to give them more credit.

Things to collect in this moment were likewise slightly difficult to find, being another book for the trunk and more woodlice. (Slytherins, do go to the potion chamber to find them. I'm sure the talented and lovely Wolfie is posting locations as she finds them). In addition (though this may be more relevant tomorrow) we have been given more Galleons and an expanded selection of ingredients at the Apothecary.

We'll see how they do, and with any luck the good news will keep rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?