12/19/15

Fantastic Beasts and... Where are They?


Sooooo I have a bad feeling about this.

I want to make this clear, I'm writing this on the heels of Star Wars. I'm writing this after seeing the trailer 10 times, with three days to think about it.

I'm not that excited.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for something wonderful, but I'm not particularly excited. This is a really quiet start to what looks like it *could* be a fun film, and I don't want to bash with JUST this trailer.

But let's dissect it just a smidge.

Lumos Maxima.

Oh with that, it's wonderful seeing a return to form. But... I'm just not sure how important it is other than saying "MORE WIZARDS" and it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see it become the "Star Wars" crawl.

Though from what we see.... Tina is somehow with Newt, takes a case (his?) to report on his predicament to the Magical Congress (and the madam president)....
Though on that note I want to mention about fashion... it half looks like an ornamental headdress... which seems to be odd for a president, but I'm sure there is some sort of explaination.

But beyond that there isn't really much of note again till Newt fires his wand off... in public, with what looks like his no-maj buddy/rival Jacob behind him.

To be honest, I'm excited we're returning to the world but this trailer doesn't get me extra-pumped up to see more of what happens.

Though that brings me to the one thing I wanted to see the most.

The beasts.

No one else seems to be bringing this up, but outside of the scale patterns... there's nothing much. Though if it *is* important, I'd assume it's pushing us towards the big beastie of the film, a sea serpent/basilisk/dragon/unnamed creature of unimaginable size.

So a lot of news for not much impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?