9/25/15

Oof. New Pottermore: Part 1 "The Good"


This is going to take a bit... and a lot of news has broken. So first, a review of New Pottermore.  I'm going to try and break this up into parts, because in all honesty, just one, two posts won't do it justice.


So first one's the hardest. What is GOOD about Pottermore's update? Well, debatably the best feature hasn't arrived yet, as we will be getting the Patronus test "in the coming months" so that is something to look forward to, that will likely make people feel a little better about Pottermore's recent changes. The additional concept art is also rather nice, though I've been told that a good part of it has come from things like the art of the films.

That being said, the fact that it is expanding to all things Potter, from just the books is, while predictable, kind of nice.  The new news releases since the update on Pottermore has been rather non stop, but it's difficult to say if we will be getting releases like this long term. If our new posts will be weekly, then that increase of content is amazing, and truthfully addresses one of the bigger problems I noticed with Pottermore, as they were restricted by what Rowling had written (and she is quite the busy witch).

The way they primarily dance around this is the cheeky Pottermore Correspondant, who has gotten reactions that she(or he, not sure if we have a confirmed gender) writes like an obnoxious teenage girl. Yet, I have to say I'm still entertained, and I find her sort of charming, in an obnoxious sort of way.
>.> Oh, You.... don't like that.







..... Ok, ok, hear me out! At the end of the day, it's new content, and while she has the writing style of Rita Skeeter, she also has the writing style of Rita Skeeter. On the right topic, she's an asshole, but as an individual, I kind of like reading the opinion of a witty ass. Which she has done, to great effect, and well, it isn't always for the best, as I'll discuss later, because it is something that I think is perhaps the worst, but.... I digress, this is for the positives.

......



.......


um....


I'm not sure there's much more to bring up. The launch, well, I think reading general facebook comments without looking at what's hidden, that'll really show what went wrong.

Still, the new information is decent, and the bonus in content is something that really would have been welcomed sooner.



1 comment:

  1. I think, to save money, they got rid of the giant servers that controlled dueling, brewing, house points, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think?