12/21/14

Day 10 Impressions: BURN BABY BURN

So, we have an actual moment with something to read and collect, as well as FIRE, oh before I burn myself out, the entry on today, after the break. 
While I may joke about being burnt out myself, I think Pottermore is the one that has burnt itself out rather quickly, and is currently exploding a little bit. Artwork is still good, and I do have to commend the art team for this moment and the next two, because they are among the signature moments of the book, and of the series as a whole.

Collection amount was rather scant, with us collecting sea weed and a pebble (yes, because that's what you want to get when you're visiting the oceanside cave, a pebble). So as for the content we got, that's something else entirely. It is a relief to get something of substance again, knowing this release looked so promising at first, but fell into a bunch of non-important and irrelevant bits of information. This bit of information was a bit of good insight into why it was inferi rather than zombies, and mention that there was a subtle difference between the two. While I would like to think that the information she gave on zombies would be correct I'm not quite certain if that would be correct and "canon" according to her, with dark wizards sustaining themselves on the souls of others. It was nice to have a partial answer to a question I had earlier answered about Inferi. So it was good to know that they were used as they were near-indestructible, something that may not have been possible with statues or the like. 

So what do you think of this? Is HBP going out in a blaze of glory, or is this slow burn ending with a whimper before it's snuffed out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?