5/13/14

Reasonably Freaking Out Over: Escape from Gringotts

Sooo play the video, then watch the breakdown after the break. 

OMG YES YES YES DO WANT. Now that I've said that, let's go over what we know.


1)The ride happens simultaneously with the Gringotts break in. While Harry will be involved, he isn't the focus of the ride. 

2) This is going to be a ride that looks like it contains elements of Forbidden Journey/Spiderman/Transformers and while we know the vehicle is going to be traditional for the most part, there are tricks like the one on Thirteen of Alton Towers in the UK (a vertical free-fall drop) that would be included. HOWEVER, this drop may not occur at the Thief's Downfall as I had thought, but due to Bellatrix, as she calls us to fall further into Gringotts. 

3) Other effects included seem to be Fire (from the dragon), animatronics (also the dragon), screens and 3d tech. There's a slight nod to it, and the scene with Bellatrix SCREAMS for a 3d treatment. So while Spiderman may be going a bit slower, this should  be faster and with a few more "thrills" that will certainly excite anyone. Though how the glasses will stay on, part of me wonders. 

4) The OUTSIDE will also have fire, as they stated that "And at the far end of Diagon Alley is Gringotts bank, with a larger-than-life dragon towering over it that breathes real fire." Why does this part matter at all? It's because of them living up to the concept art, and in all honesty, while I've been stoked for it (pun unintended) I thought that wouldn't be something that they would do because it would be difficult and possibly dangerous. The fact that this is NOT the case (at least I'm sure it is not the case. Their attorneys wouldn't be too happy otherwise. 

5) This will (possibly) be the only ride that features Voldemort and Bellatrix. Though there are rumors that Voldemort will featured in some aspect on the Hogwarts Express. 

So, to summarize, this appears that Escape from Gringotts will be a roller coaster/motion simulator with sudden stops, drops, and fire effects. The 3d MIGHT be difficult for those with motion sickness, but I can't be certain how bad it will be till I ride it, which hopefully will be soon. Good luck to those of you wishing to brave that escape with me, and I'll be posting when I visit for the second time. 

EDIT: Additional Freak-outs
Ok, things that I'd like to point out
Robes and clothing will be more available with Madam Malkins
KNOCKTURN ALLEY (though I still wonder exactly what the plan for that is, saying that people will "brave" Knockturn Alley" makes me think that we may have a maze. I REALLY want this to be a maze of sorts. 
PUKING PASTIES! I don't know how they'll taste. Part of me thinks it'll be unpleasant, though the fact that they have these makes me think the entire skieving snackbox might be available. 
Magical Managerie doesn't seem that interesting (more plushies, good if you like them, meh if you don't) and that leaves  us with Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, which will *hopefully* have more interesting ice cream mixes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think?